Impacting The World With The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Reaching the World
Touching the Heart of God
At Living Word Christian Church, we are a family of believers, knitted together in love and purpose, welcoming anyone who seeks a personal experience with the Eternal and Living God.
We come together with those who seek to know God more personally, and we acknowledge and honor God for Who He is, prompting us to sing uplifting songs of praise, thanks, and heartfelt worship.
Out of a growing desire to know what God our Father wants for us and what pleases Him, we study the Holy Scriptures, the unchanging Word of God, so that we may love and obey Him, reaping untold benefits and blessings for our obedience, both in this life and in the life to come.
LWCC serves men, women, and children of all ages, all abilities, and all situations by supporting strong, loving, and holy relationships with our friends, in marriages and families, and within the Church Body.
LWCC operates a licensed preschool/daycare center for children ages 6-weeks to school-age. Children of the Lord Preschool/Daycare Center addresses the educational needs of young children in a Christian setting.
Recognizing the great love with which God loves us, we reach out to our communities in the Coulee Region through evangelism, our home-based LIFE Groups, and, as Jesus did, living lives of genuine care and compassion for those we meet daily in every aspect of our lives.
We minister to the unique needs of our business and public service community, government officials, and public safety officers through the La Crosse Area Law Enforcement Chaplaincy Program, the Mayoral Prayer Breakfast, and other community leadership activities.
LWCC actively supports the work of God around the earth by partnering with missionaries sent to other lands to spread the Good News of God’s salvation.
Rev. Mark D. Clements is the pastor of Living Word Christian Church, a thriving, supernatural, New Testament church located in La Crosse, WI. Pastor Clements answered the call to full-time ministry when he was 24 years old, and has pastored Living Word since July of 1984.
Pastor Clements is an anointed teacher of the Word of God, bringing fresh revelation and insight as he ministers "line upon line, precept upon precept" (Isaiah 28:10). Pastor Clements' weekly television program, The Word of the Lord, airs every Sunday on stations covering southwestern Wisconsin, southeastern Minnesota, and northeastern Iowa.
Pastor Clements is the Head Chaplain and founding member of La Crosse Area Law Enforcement Chaplaincy supporting area communities and law enforcement agencies in both Wisconsin and Minnesota. He is a former President of the International Conference of Police Chaplains, Founder of the Wisconsin Police Chaplains' Association, and a Past-President of the Coulee Region Association of Evangelicals. In 1997, Pastor Clements initiated the La Crosse Area Mayoral Prayer Breakfast which currently works in conjunction with the Coulee Region Prayer Consortium. Pastor Clements is also involved in numerous community activities as a well-respected church leader and is a published author (Successful Death Notifications).
A graduate of Trinity Biblical University (Bachelor of Ministry), Pastor Clements is ordained through Mark Barclay Ministries (Dr. Mark T. Barclay). He is also affiliated with the Association of Faith Churches and Ministries (Dr. Jim Kaseman).
Pastor Clements and his wife have been married since 1981 and have two adult children.
Living Word Christian Church began as a church plant by a church in Arcadia, Wisconsin, in 1984. Rev. Mark Clements and his wife, Paula, were among the initial group of about a dozen members hungry to receive the Word of God. Later that year, he was called to move to La Crosse and become pastor of the church.
Pastor and Mrs. Clements obeyed the call of God, leaving the family farm where he worked at the time. Initially, he worked an additional job while pastoring as our church grew large enough to support him.
In 1985, our church moved out of it's first location in a hotel ballroom in north La Crosse into a mini-mall in south La Crosse. In 1987, we purchased our first property, a former laundromat on 19th Street. After growing out of this location, we purchased a former Lutheran church building on 16th and Cass Streets in 1991.
We entered our current facility in Fall of 2003. A former steel fabrication plant and warehouse on Ward Avenue, the lengthy renovation of the property was done almost completely by the members of the church. Most recently, in 2018, over 5,000 square feet of new space was added to our facility, dedicated to children's ministry and daycare uses.
Throughout our history, we have had consistent and steady growth both in numbers and in outreach. Our mission has always been to impact our region with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus. Today, we have expanded to operate Children of the Lord Christian Pre-School and Day Care and Youth Alive Christian Teen Center, and transmit God's Word on the airwaves with our weekly television broadcast "The Word of the Lord."
12 Guiding Principles
Methods are many. Principles are few. Methods often change. Principles never do.
What We Believe
1. Jesus is Lord! (Phil. 2:11, Acts 10:36)
2. Jesus was God made flesh. (Jn. 1:1,14; Mt. 1:23)
3. Jesus was born of a virgin. (Lk. 1:27, Mt. 1:18-23)
4. Jesus lived a perfect life, without sin. (II Cor. 5:21, I Pet. 1:19, Heb. 4:15)
5. Jesus became sin for us, and was crucified and died in our place. (II Cor. 5:21, Rom. 5:8)
6. On the third day God raised Jesus from the dead. (I Cor. 15:4, Rom. 10:9)
7. Whoever believes this, and confesses Jesus as Lord, shall be saved. (Rom. 10:9-10, Jn. 3:16)
8. Salvation is by grace, through faith. (Eph. 2:8-9, Rom. 3:22-25)
9. It is God's will that all be saved. (II Peter 3:9, I Tim. 2:3-4)
10. Without being born-again, no one can enter the kingdom of Heaven. (Jn. 3:3, Acts 4:12)
11. The Bible is the inerrant Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit. (II Sam. 22:31, Ps. 12:6)
12. All scripture is profitable to the man of God for teaching, correction, reproof, and instruction. (Ps. 19:7-8, Is. 55:11, II Pet. 1:21, II Tim. 3:16)
13. The Word of God is alive and powerful, and that God confirms His Word. (Jer. 1:12, Is. 55:11-12, Heb 4:12, Ps. 138:2)
14. Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father and has sent the Holy Spirit to comfort us, teach us, and guide us into all truth, and show us things to come. (Heb. 1:3, 10:12, Jn. 14:26, 16:7-13)
15. All believers may receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues, by asking in faith. (Lk. 11:13, Acts 2:3-4, 2:38-39, 10:44-46, 19:6)
16. Jesus came that we may have life more abundantly. (Jn. 10:10, III Jn. 2, II Cor. 8:9)
17. Physical healing is part of His redemptive work. (Mt. 8:17, I Pet. 2:24, Is. 53:5)
18. In the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust. (I Cor. 15:51-52, I Thes. 4: 16-17, Rev. 20:11-15)
19. In the personal, visible, imminent return of Jesus Christ. (I Thes. 4:16, Mt. 24:30, Acts 1:11, Rev. 19:11, 20:4)
20. In observance of the Lord's Supper as taught in the scriptures, showing the Lord's death until He comes. (I Cor. 11:23-26, Mt. 26:26-29)
21. In water baptism by immersion as taught in the scriptures, as an act of obedience, outwardly displaying an inward transformation. (Mt. 28:19, Mk. 16:16, Acts 2:38, Col. 2:12, 3:1, Rom. 6:1-11)
22. There is one God, externally existent in three manifestations: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (I Jn. 5:7, Mt. 28:19)